Kindly assess my writing task 2.My aim is 7.5 band in writing.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Dr.Khurram

Kindly assess my writing task 2.My aim is 7.5 band in writing.

Post by Dr.Khurram »

Some people say that television is a very useful tool when it comes to education. Others argue that television is a much overused, ineffective teacher.
Discuss both of these views and give your opinion as to the usefulness of television as an educational tool.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Television is one of the imperative discovery of 20th century. There is merely any house, which is deprived of this technology. Some people believe, that it is not only source of entertainment but it is also playing noticeable role as education tool, While other disagree with this statement. From my perspective, it is indispensable source of knowledge for many peoples and it would be imprudent to deny its importance as educational tool.

Firstly, it is undeniable fact that more and more people are using television for acquiring essential educational knowledge. Take for instance, many people in non-English speaking countries watch BBC and CNN, news channels to improve their English language. Moreover, in many countries, health programs are broadcasted, which aware public about common health related issues and how they can be prevented. To sum up I reiterate, that although it is not widely employed method of education but its role as educational tool is actively growing for last few decades.

In this contemporary society, there are many medium which are playing magnificent role in educating pupils. For example, in many institutions computers are being used for research and teaching purposes. Furthermore, many people opine that it takes inordinate amount of time to learn something productive from television as compared to computers, books and scientific journals. They believe, that arguments related to usefulness of television as imperative source of education, are anecdotal and there are no hard facts to prove them.

To conclude, I reckon, that although television is not the best medium to educate masses but its role in aiding learning process cannot be denied. It is responsibility of television channels, that instead of only broadcasting news and entertainment programs, they should broadcast teaching sessions on different scientific and health related topics, and in this way play constructive role in the society.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Kindly assess my writing task 2.My aim is 7.5 band in writing.

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

The points are undeveloped and assertive, rather than based on actual evidence. For example, you say that some people claim that learning from TV takes too much time. However, you produce no evidence either way that this is true or false.

Grammar is incredibly good - this is becoming rather common for postings on this site! Vocabulary is also very good.

All the best,
David