Anyone who can give me a topic to discuss? thank you!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
nerieryanc

Anyone who can give me a topic to discuss? thank you!

Post by nerieryanc »

Thanks...
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Anyone who can give me a topic to discuss? thank you!

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

In many countries and cultures, teenagers are expected to follow their parents' advice. What kinds of advice do parents often give their children? Do you think that teenagers should always follow this advice?
nerieryanc

Post by nerieryanc »

Parents play an imperative role in our lives. They are our chief providers, teachers, advisers, and even our worst critics for the purpose of molding us into better Christians and members of the society. In my own point of view, I regard them as the most influential people in life for I believe whatever goals they have planned for us, I discern that their purpose is upright and for our own benefit.

Based on my own experience in the family and my friends, the most common advice parents impart to their children are the good values and attitudes to develop them to be good Christians and members of the society, to be responsible in every action they do and strive in school to attain success in life.

In my personal experience in the family, our parents would always instill these things in our minds that I always try to apply on a daily basis even at present. I am constantly being certain of the idea that if we will adhere to their guidance, no harm will befall us but instead good things and success will arise. I am able share these for the reason that I become thriving in the things I do now, basically in my chosen profession by applying these principles.

As a conclusion to this matter I firmly believe that teenagers have to follow their parent’s advice. They are our protectors and best life educators for they know the things that are best for us. Perhaps, lack of parental guidance would often result to failure to attain self discipline and unable to achieve success the person is capable of.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Good Christians? Even Christians cannot agree on what that means, so you need to explain it.

The second part of the question was a bit of a trick on my part! ALWAYS?! So, if parents, e.g. extremists, tell their children to kill people, that's ok?

All the best,
David