how to answer it? Ryan could you please help

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
rairaichan0323

how to answer it? Ryan could you please help

Post by rairaichan0323 »

" Customers are faced with increasing amounts of advertising due to the competition among companies. To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisements? And what measures can be taken to protect their interests? "

Do i need to write one paragraph for how the consumers are influenced by advertisements? and the formate in arguement ( topic, example, discussion and conclusion) OR just write it in few sentences?

and write one paragraph for the measurement ( topic, example, discussion and conclusion

" Young people are important resources to their country, but governments may ignore some problems faces by young people in running the country. In your experience, what does the government need to do for supporting or helping young people? please identify those problems and give your idea or suggestion to solve the issue. "

when i check with these types questions, i often dont know how to answer ( arguement, discussion or causes and effext)? could you please teach me how to distinguish these types of question?

thank you
Ryan

Re: how to answer it? Ryan could you please help

Post by Ryan »

Hi Rai Rai,

Please remember that there is no single correct way to write an essay. The following is not the only approach to these questions.
rairaichan0323 wrote:" Customers are faced with increasing amounts of advertising due to the competition among companies. To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisements? And what measures can be taken to protect their interests? "
For this question, I personally would use argument essay structure. In my introduction paragraph, my response to the first part of the question would be something like: "This essay will argue that modern consumer reaction to advertisements has been dulled due to to overexposure."

To address the second part of the question, I would follow the above sentence with another declaration: "The manner in which education can act to protect the interests of consumers will also be looked at."

Following this introduction paragraph, I would commit one supporting paragraph to uphold my claim that advertisement influence is weak among modern consumers. A second supporting paragraph would address the way in which education can help protect the interests of consumers. I would find some way to transition between these two ideas smoothly. This transition language would appear in the first sentence of the second supporting paragraph.
rairaichan0323 wrote: " Young people are important resources to their country, but governments may ignore some problems faces by young people in running the country. In your experience, what does the government need to do for supporting or helping young people? please identify those problems and give your idea or suggestion to solve the issue. "
I'm not sure the question has been perfectly recreate here, but the gist of it is clear. This would again be a straightforward argument essay. Make claims in your introduction paragraph regarding (1) what problems young people in your country face and (2) what can the government do to improve the situations of young people in your country. Use supporting paragraph one to provide evidence for, discuss and conclude the first part of the question. Use supporting paragraph two to do the same for the second. Use connective language to show a fluency and cohesion between the two paragraphs. Reiterate your position in the conclusion.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
rairaichan0323

Re: how to answer it? Ryan could you please help

Post by rairaichan0323 »

thank you Ryan :)